Friday, March 02, 2007

What happened to REALLY GOOD MOVIES???




I was just browsing through the statistics of the Academy Awards, and there hadn't been a great movie winning lots of awards (6 and above) ever since LOTR III in 2003. And that was truly a great masterpiece, an all-time genius piece of work.


Yeah, I know, you can't really judge a movie by the number of AAs it has won, but, still... don't ya think it speaks of something? Like Titanic, Ben Hur and LOTR III, each winning 11 AAs. Compared with Showgirls and Battlefield Earth, who each won 8 Razzie Awards... hahaha! The worst films ever made. Sheesh... Have anyone seen any of those two movies yet? I, for sure, would not want to waste my time to watch 2 pieces of craps. I know, maybe, just MAYBE, they aren't so bad, give some grace, give some chance, but then... I had my fair share of CRAP movies and I sure hated it when it ended and I go... HUH? WHAT THE? Or even before it ended. Like Basic Instinct 2, which won the Razzie Award for Worst Picture 2006. I "happened" to watch it and it is PURE RUBBISH man... the plot, the acting... it's a pure waste of time. What the tooooooot man!

So, what's happening to the Western movie makers? Even the latest, most AAs movie, The Departed, is a direct copycat of the original Hong Kong movie, Infernal Affairs. Are they running out of new ideas? Hmmm...
But hey, you know something, John Travolta, who is the lead actor in Battlefield Earth is a damn good actor (he was brilliant in Face/Off, Basic, Swordfish, Ladder 49, etc.) and guess what? This year's AA Best Actor, Forest Whitaker is in that Worst Movie of All Time too... hahaha... how ironic!

4 Comments:

Blogger baggie said...

Recommend you, Perfume... nice movie. :)

Monday, March 05, 2007 2:36:00 AM  
Blogger John said...

Oh, it's not out yet in the cinemas... no wonder I was wondering how come I never heard about it...

Monday, March 05, 2007 12:51:00 PM  
Blogger baggie said...

LOL, i watched it on DVD dee... and also read the book li...

Tuesday, March 06, 2007 2:03:00 AM  
Blogger baggie said...

another thing i'm scratching my head about on the departed... i tot mr leonardo asked miss matt damon to open the envelope he gave her if he dies... why didnt they show whats inside neh?? r the contents as the same ones matt damon had?? or different ones?? hmm..... but anyway he died dee.. but still,.... *scratches head*

Tuesday, March 06, 2007 4:45:00 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home